This morning I woke up to the great news that indeed the contract for our purchase of the Nagoya property is now SIGNED and SEALED!!! Yesterday we wired our initial 10% payment with the remaining 90% due by February 28th.
9 months ago this blog was started announcing the amazing opportunity that the Lord provided to purchase a building 3 stops from Nagoya station valued during the real estate bubble at close to $8 million for $1.3 million. God’s people around the world responded to our call for 90 days of prayer and the Lord provided $1.3 million by around day 80. Then the property was *gone* with the business going bankrupt and the property seized by the court. Then the Lord brought an even MORE amazing property just 3-4 minutes WALK from Nagoya station with a land value during the bubble at $15 million (plus the building as well!) And now, after a dramatic journey over the past 6-7 months the Lord has amazingly allowed us to buy this even better property for around the same price.
The journey has in many ways just begun. We have additional financial needs ($200,000) for repairs and renovations needed on the building (funds that were lost because of the devaluation of the US dollar since May). We have legal procedures to deal with (for non-profit use of the building, registrations, meeting legal requirements in our repairs, etc.) We have the arduous task of packing and moving. And most importantly we have the challenge and excitement of preparing the ministries that will find a new home in the new campus including preparing to launch the Heart & Soul Cafe youth outreach ministry, All Nations Fellowship Downtown, a new church plant, and the relocation of Christ Bible Seminary and Christ Bible Institute.
But we, the CBI Japan team, want to express to you all, especially those of you who have stood by us for the past year in prayer and sacrifice, our heartfelt THANK YOU!!!
THANK YOU to the missionaries and national leaders from China, Japan, Latin America, Afghanistan, India, and other places who put in your two mites for the Lord for this campus purchase! $50,000 was raised through you!!!
THANK YOU to the CHURCHES that labored in prayer for us and for Japan through this project!!!
THANK YOU to the MANY of you whom we have never met who for the cause of Christ embraced our ministry and vision from sheer Biblical conviction!!!
THANK YOU to the missionaries in Japan (some of whom we’ve never met) who encouraged us and prayed for us and cheered us on in this common love for Christ and the Japanese!
and most of all THANK YOU LORD!!! You did what you alone could do!!! You were, are and continue to be our only TREASURE and HOPE!!! This story is YOUR story and the GLORY is ALL YOURS!!!
 May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face to shine upon us, Selah
 that your way may be known on earth,
your saving power among all nations.
 Let the peoples praise you, O God;
let all the peoples praise you!
(Psalm 67:1-3 ESV)